Golden Ticket draw winnerIn the Tweenhills' tepee yesterday evening at the Tattersalls Sale the Golden Ticket draw was made, with the first prize a free nomination to a pre-booked Qatar Bloodstock stallion. The first name out was Tony Morris of the Endless Acre Stud near Cardiff - Mr Morris had booked a nomination to Hot Streak.
The second name drawn, gaining a half-price nomination, was Equine Breeding Ltd, which had made an early booking to Charm Spirit through bloodstock agent Richard Knight.
Also winning a half-price nomination was Paul Gardner of Springcombe Park in Somerset. Mr Gardner had booked a mare to Hot Streak.
Indeed Hot Streak was on a winning streak this week with two mares in foal to him realising 100,000gns at the Tattersalls December Breeding Stock Sale. Qatar Princess was purchased by BBA Ireland for James Kelly from agent Charlie Oakshott who sold the Marju mare on behalf of owner Michael Ng. Her half-sister is this year's Group 2 German 1,000 Guineas winner Hawksmoor.
Charlie Oakshott said: "We sent her to Tweenhills to Hot Streak, a sire I really like, and the plan was either put her through the ring or keep her and breed from her."
The other mare in foal to Hot Streak to make 100,000gns was Rate, a Galileo mare from the family of The Gurkha consigned by Tweenhills and also purchased by BBA Ireland.
- Watch out for Harbour's second crop 25th April 2017
- Two Golden performers to note 22nd April 2017
- Harbour Watch heads second crop sires table 19th April 2017
- Watch out for these Harbour runners 19th April 2017
- Two Havana Gold 2yo breezers realise six figures 12th April 2017
- First-season sires smashing results across the globe 5th April 2017
Back to top >>