Golden Ticket draw winnerIn the Tweenhills' tepee yesterday evening at the Tattersalls Sale the Golden Ticket draw was made, with the first prize a free nomination to a pre-booked Qatar Bloodstock stallion. The first name out was Tony Morris of the Endless Acre Stud near Cardiff - Mr Morris had booked a nomination to Hot Streak.
The second name drawn, gaining a half-price nomination, was Equine Breeding Ltd, which had made an early booking to Charm Spirit through bloodstock agent Richard Knight.
Also winning a half-price nomination was Paul Gardner of Springcombe Park in Somerset. Mr Gardner had booked a mare to Hot Streak.
Indeed Hot Streak was on a winning streak this week with two mares in foal to him realising 100,000gns at the Tattersalls December Breeding Stock Sale. Qatar Princess was purchased by BBA Ireland for James Kelly from agent Charlie Oakshott who sold the Marju mare on behalf of owner Michael Ng. Her half-sister is this year's Group 2 German 1,000 Guineas winner Hawksmoor.
Charlie Oakshott said: "We sent her to Tweenhills to Hot Streak, a sire I really like, and the plan was either put her through the ring or keep her and breed from her."
The other mare in foal to Hot Streak to make 100,000gns was Rate, a Galileo mare from the family of The Gurkha consigned by Tweenhills and also purchased by BBA Ireland.
- First foal for Just The Judge 16th February 2017
- Impressive debut for Harbour Watch 3yo Batten The Hatches 14th February 2017
- Hot Streak's first foal born 17th January 2017
- First yearlings by Zoustar proving popular down under 12th January 2017
- Sweet Stakes Success Stateside for Harbour Watch 31st December 2016
- Assistant Stud Groom and Stud Hands required 23rd December 2016
Back to top >>