Another Golden MomentHavana Gold enjoyed another golden moment today with Chica La Habana winning the competitive Hilary Needler Trophy Fillies' Conditions Stakes over 5f at Beverley on her debut.
Havana Gold has now sired six winners, with all likely to be heading to Royal Ascot, and he is the leading first season sire by prize money.
Trained by Robert Cowell for owner The Cool Silk Partnership, Chica La Habana made headway halfway and stayed on strongly to land the race by three-quarters of a length.
Jockey Adam Beschizza said: "Chica La Habana had been going well at home but she hadn't done a racecourse gallop or anything like that. It was a pleasing debut and she will come on for that."
Bred by Herbertstown & Diomed, Chica La Habana is a half-sister to a couple of winners, notably useful French 1m winner Halaqa. Her dam Esloob (Diesis) is a daughter of Group 1 Yorkshire Oaks winner Roseate Tern, and won from 7f-1m2f, including two Listed victories and was placed third in the Group 1 Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile Stakes.
Chica La Habana has provided a quick return for her owners having only been purchased at the Tattersalls Ireland Breeze-Up Sale at Ascot in April for £64,000, where she was the fastest breezer (pictured).
- Another Group winner for Havana Gold 20th August 2017
- Havana Gold's tally of winners hits 14 18th August 2017
- CHARM SPIRIT'S FIRST YEARLINGS HEAD TO THE SALES 16th August 2017
- Dual Classic success for breeders Qatar Bloodstock 15th August 2017
- For Sale - Havana Gold's second-crop yearlings 9th August 2017
- FIRST GROUP WINNER FOR HAVANA GOLD 3rd August 2017
Back to top >>