Havana Gold tops first-season sires listFollowing the success of his Qatar Racing-owned daughter Treasuring in a five-furlong maiden at Navan on Saturday, Tweenhills' sire Havana Gold is now the leading first-season sire in Britain and Ireland based on prize money.
Havana Gold's five individual winners - Havana Grey, Havana Star, Headway, Marchingontogether and Treasuring - have won a total £56,655, and Havana Grey's two victories include the Listed Better Odds With Matchbook National Stakes over five furlongs at Sandown. All five could run at Royal Ascot.
Havana Gold's progeny also show the highest strike rate for individual winners to runners among the first-season sires' in Britain and Ireland - 42% - with only 12 horses having represented Havana Gold so far, compared to 25 for Society Rock and 21 for Lethal Force.
- Another Group winner for Havana Gold 20th August 2017
- Havana Gold's tally of winners hits 14 18th August 2017
- CHARM SPIRIT'S FIRST YEARLINGS HEAD TO THE SALES 16th August 2017
- Dual Classic success for breeders Qatar Bloodstock 15th August 2017
- For Sale - Havana Gold's second-crop yearlings 9th August 2017
- FIRST GROUP WINNER FOR HAVANA GOLD 3rd August 2017
Back to top >>